In the naval industry, commissioning was invented to ensure that ships were fully operational before the set out to sea. The same concept applies to buildings.
- Do the HVAC controls work in all possible modes?
- Have they been functionally tested, not by the installer but by an independent third party?
- Was there a Commissioning Plan?
- Is there a Systems Manual – an operating manual for your building?
- Has there been training for the people who will maintain the systems?
Lile Engineering has experience with both HVAC commissioning and Building Envelope Commissioning, and can help your team achieve both Fundamental and Enhanced Commissioning. Commissioning helps control costs by helping you avoid costly change orders.